Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Truthout is out there

Yes, it does appear that Truthout was used, but not lied to or misled. The facts appear to have been accurate.
- Truthout.org writer Marc Ash defending the organization for erroneously reporting that Karl Rove was going to be indicted by Special Prosecutor Larry Fitzgerald.

So let me get this straight: Truthout got intelligence that it thought was unimpeachable - a "slam dunk," if you will - then used that intelligence to make claims that later turned out to be false, continues to say that its claims may yet turn out to be true - has trouble thinking of any mistakes it might have made, if you will - and insists that there was no lying involved.

I know this sounds like something else, but I can't quite put my finger on it...don't worry, it'll come to me...wait...wait...I've got it...nope, I lost it. Damn.

Y'know, if I were the type of person who thought that a saying was true just because it rhymed I bet I could come up with a good one here. Luckily I grew out of that stage when I was nine.

(H/T: Hot Air)

Anonymous fmragtops said...

Two words, oxygen thief.

08:49  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home