Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Friday, June 02, 2006

A Modest Proposal

02 June 2006 Update: This proposal is now officially known as the Free the PeopleTM campaign and has been bumped to the top of the blog. End 02 June 2006 Update

Wherever you are in this great nation of ours, whatever party you belong to, whatever your personal political proclivities, I believe the most patriotic thing you can do this year is to go to the polls in November and vote against your incumbent Congressperson.

These people are out of control, they care about nothing but keeping and extending their own power, and they need to go find honest work for what in many cases will be the first time in their lives.

A personal note to Jim Sensenbrenner: Americans are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan and you think the most important thing you can do right now is hold hearings disparaging the raid on William Jefferson's office? I hearby officially question your patriotism, mainly because, like most of your comrades, you've given no evidence that you have any ability whatsoever to place anything ahead of your own selfish interests, including your country.

Update: Many of you have written to say that you think this is a great idea, except that your Congressperson is actually pretty good. I've been asked to tell you that management has a strict policy of no exceptions to its "You don't have to go home, you just got to get the hell out of Congress" protocol. Management reminds you that you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs (see Iraq, War in) and that the goal here is to make an omelette big enough to feed Africa. Management apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause, and hopes that you all understand the necessity for strict adherence to policy at such a critical time.

Management also advises you that failure to comply with the aforementioned policy will be considered un-American, potentially punishable by having your patriotism brought into question.

That is all.

Anonymous fmragtops said...

Hey! My two republicans are doing pretty good with their voting records so far. I am waiting to hear what they have to say on the Jefferson raids. Granted, I think they are both first timers in Washington.

11:28  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

Please see update. It's out of my hands.

12:05  
Anonymous fmragtops said...

I will be voting against our one democratic senator, Mary, I'll punch W. in the nose" Landrieu. If Richard Baker flip flops on immigration, or speaks out against the FBI raids, he's done. Vitter doesn't come up for re-election for three or four more years, whatever it is.

So I guess I'm unpatriotic. Sue me.

Good post, none the less.

12:17  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

Management has asked me to advise you that based on your past service, any questioning of your patriotism is on hold pending review.

12:33  
Anonymous fmragtops said...

I appresciate Managements discretion in regards to my prior service. I think that is fair, and will comply with further sanctions as Management sees fit.

17:14  
Anonymous FIAR said...

I'm with you Cranky

Throw the bums out!

18:53  
Anonymous Republidan said...

My state gave Congress Tom Coburn :-( My state sucks.

22:05  
Blogger rachel said...

My only regret is that Sen John McCain is not up for reelection this year.

What a vote of confidence that would be if AZ booted his sorry self out of his job before he ran for President.

22:23  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

I knew Fitch'd be with me..we may need to start a new blogroll as the beginning of a bipartisan grass roots movement...

22:42  
Anonymous Neutron Bomb said...

What do I do if its an open seat!?!?!?! OMG! I need to breathe into a bag.

18:06  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

Neut: First of all, put on some Willie and take a hit.

Better?

Okay, now what you should do is do whatever you can to keep the seat open even after election day. I'm not a micromanager, so I'll leave the rest up to you.

19:30  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home