Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Blogger Hell

Blogger, aka BlogSpot, the blogging host owned by Google and used by yours truly, has been truly awful this past week. It was down all day yesterday and most of today.

My point is, don't blame the lack of posting on me.

And don't be surprised if this blog (and a lot of other Blogger blogs) moves to a different hosting service fairly soon.

Blogger has some good features, chief among them being that it's free, but good features don't count for much when you can't post. And Google ain't all that great at letting its users know what's going on when the network is down, which is really annoying.

Oh, I think I may be about done with using blogrolling.com to handle my blogroll. It's been five days since I lost my 'roll, and I've heard nothing from them.

What I don't understand is how companies don't get that keeping their customers informed counts for a lot. One of the main complaints at the Blogger help group is how frustrating it is to not know if a problem you're having is on your end or if it's a Blogger-wide issue, and if so, what that issue is, and approximately how long it'll be til it's fixed. And I've submitted three or four "contact us" forms to Blogrolling without hearing a single thing back. Just send me an email telling me that you're trying to figure out what's wrong, and keep me updated as time goes on, and I can deal with technical problems. But when you don't even have the courtesy to let me know you're aware of my problem and working on it, that tells me you don't much care about keeping me as a customer. In Blogrolling's case, they have a basic free service and a premium pay service, and I'm a non-paying customer, so maybe I don't deserve the same level of support as those who pay. But on the other hand, why would I want to pay for premium service when the basic service ain't doin' so great? In fact, I more than likely would've upgraded my service to get some extra features, but not now. I'd rather maintain my blogroll manually and know it's gonna be there all the time.

Anyway, that's probably enough of my fairly calm rant. I just wanted to let my loyal readers know why my posting has been almost non-existent lately.

More to follow, assuming Blogger doesn't go down again.

-Cranky (but strangely calm)

Anonymous nino said...

The worst thing is my comments never seem to appear(this could be the first! And a complaint no less, wow I suck).
Oh, and the posts start halfway down the page.

12:42  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

Sorry about your comments. I have no idea why they haven't appeared.

I'm guessing the posts don't start halfway down the page anymore, right?

I think the problem was only for IE users with a screen resolution of 1024x768. The "Crisis in Crankistan" banner was too wide for IE to handle properly at this resolution so it wouldn't appear until after the sidebars were done.

You IE users take away all my fun.

But thanks for the heads up...

13:00  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Its bad enough when one cannot log on to blog, but a couple of months ago two-third of my template disappeared. My entire sidebar was gone. It was not the first time either; I had to rebuild my blog from the ground up last year.

I had other issues with Blogger, but that was the final straw. So I took my blogs somewhere else. My account is still active, though, as I"m a member of a group blog here.

12:52  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home