Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Monday, May 15, 2006

Tyra on her pillows

Breaking news from ace reporter Michael Starr in today's New York Post:

"The Tyra Banks Show" has had its share of controversy, including two shows some might consider "sweeps stunts" - one devoted to Banks proving her breasts are real, and the other in which she pole-danced at a strip club.

Banks says both shows were her idea - really.

"The breast thing ... people didn't know I was insecure about that and it started to hurt my feelings that people saw me as fake," she says. "It was about me wanting to do this and do it now.

"After we taped that show I went home and cried like a baby. I felt so vulnerable. I thought, 'Should we air this?' Then I went to the editing bay and watched it again ... and then cried the night it aired."

I think I speak for everyone when I say brava to Miss Banks for daring to speak truth to power. Clearly her outer beauty conceals an inner honesty and courage that most of us wish we had. If Kate Moss is the new coke of the modeling world, Miss Tyra Banks is its new heroine.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home