Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Saturday, May 20, 2006

TruthIn?

From Msnbc.com:
FBI agents searched the congressional office of Rep. William Jefferson late Saturday as part of an ongoing bribery investigation, NBC News has learned.

Jefferson, D-La., has denied involvement in any illegal activity.

The search, conducted by the Washington Field Office of the FBI, is extremely rare -- if not unprecedented, NBC reported.

Jefferson, a Democrat in his eighth congressional term, declared his innocence Monday during news conference outside the federal building in New Orleans and said he will not resign in the face of the investigation that has resulted in guilty pleas from two people who implicated him in a bribery scheme.

A U.S. government official with knowledge of the investigation told NBC that the FBI secretly videotaped Jefferson.

Three thoughts:
How come TruthOut didn't give me a heads up about this? I guess they didn't want to be "too far out in front of the news-cycle" again.

I can't believe a Lousiana public official could be suspected of bribery...

Why haven't I heard a peep from the usual suspects about the "culture of corruption"?
Off to you, GTL...

Anonymous FIAR said...

Politicians, the culture of corruption.

23:23  
Anonymous fmragtops said...

And Louisiana politicians are more corrupt than most.

23:44  
Blogger Gun-Toting Liberal said...

Heh... I appreciate the linkie-luv, bro, but apparently you've missed the blasting I've done many a time on the crooked Dems in office as well ;-)

I don't leave ANYBODY out. If they're a crook and they're violating the public's trust, they're fair game with me. Not a Democrat, just a Liberal (capital "L" in my case) ;-)

Bloggggg ONNNNNNNNNN....... and thanks again for the linkie-luv, my friend.

01:23  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

You know I got nuthin' but linkie-luv for you, GTL. I probably should've picked a better example, but I guess I can't quit you, even if I find your lack of understanding the blues disturbing...

blog on, blogger, blog on

01:35  
Blogger Gun-Toting Liberal said...

Look, bro... TOO many chromatics makes for jazz. I've done tole' ya till I'm BLUE in the face. K.I.S.S. You can be all about some "Bruce Hornsby" all ya want, but BLUES is BLUES, brothah...

I've ALWAYS thought "Stormy Monday" sounded a helluvalot better in 1-4-5 then when those "high fallutin'" foke start tossin' in a sharped 1, a minor 3rd, and a sharped 5. And don't EVEN get me started on that "icecream" BULLCRAP! And let me tell you, that "Two [party] Story (I meant to say) House" progression is a 'tewel ub da debil', but I think we BOTH know that already ;-)

Demons be gone!!!

heh...

02:04  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home