Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Monday, May 08, 2006

Help Wanted

I need to find some information about the role of forgiveness in the American legal system, and I'd appreciate any help any readers could give me.

Examples of the kinds of questions I need to find answers to would be:

What role, if any, does forgiveness on the part of a victim play in the sentencing of a criminal?

Can remorse (or lack thereof) on the part of a criminal play a role in the severity of his sentence?

I'm trying to find any actual statute language or legal opinions that address these types of questions, as well as any examples of actual cases in which forgiveness or remorse played a part.

If anyone knows of any good sources of information on this topic, I'd really appreciate it if you could email me at the address provided in the left sidebar.

Thanks.

-Cranky

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check with the Ophrah show she has a story about that. 2006?

17:00  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home