Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Blogs I've been reading lately

As I wait for the Vicodin to kick in, here's a partial list of some blogs I've been reading lately. (Doesn't mean I always agree with them, just that I enjoy reading them.) Note that blogs such as Instapundit and Andrew Sullivan aren't on this list, since everybody's been reading 'em since Christ was a corporal.

Greg Gutfeld: The funniest man in blog business. Never have so many been so offended by the writings of the one. It was actually actually Das Gut's fault that I started blogging in the first place, and as soon as he inevitably offers me a job, you can kiss this site goodbye.

Dean's World: One of the best all-around political blogs out there, in my opinion. Dean Esmay is both prolific and intelligent, and his posts are invariably well-reasoned and interesting, as are the posts of his co-bloggers. A must read.

Christopher Althouse: Son of Ann, Chris possesses smarts and a nice way with the English language. I've picked a couple of fights with him, but only because it saddens me to see a smart person be wrong (i.e., disagree with me), particularly about movies. (See comments section here and my post and comments here, in which I pull off the rare double feature of pissing off both Chris and his Mom.) Plus, I'm jealous that he lives in Austin, one of the coolest cities in the US. Also, in some ways he reminds me of a younger me, which really pisses me off to no end.

Jeremy's Special Blog: A great tonal mix of seriousness and humor, laced with a healthy dose of The Truth.

Fmragtops, Radioactive Liberty, Steve the Pirate, Shoot a Liberal: Again not stuff I always agree with (though I do, more often than not) , but these four blogs are consistently funny and fun to read. Throw in the more-than-occasional rant and much talk of impaling from our four guys who may or may not be "just friends," add water and stir until humor is hard-edged.

The MoxArgon Group: I'll be honest, I don't know what to make of this. Is it a spoof, or is it really written by a handful of evil aliens who are the forerunners of a potential invasion of Earth by marauding ETs? I can't make up my mind.

Gun Toting Liberal: GTL is a good dude, and he was one of the first bloggers to offer me advice, which, if I recall, was Godawful. Unfortunately, he knows very little about music and this is putting a heavy strain on our once-deep, if platonic, friendship.

That's it for now: more to follow at a later date.

Blogger Gun-Toting Liberal said...

LOL, bro!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the linkie-luv, and of course, we're gonna both be sticking to our guns on the "blues and chromatics/sharps/flats" thing... unless you were talking about soloing versus chordal structure? hehe.... blogggg onnnnn!

11:04  
Anonymous FIAR said...

four guys who may or may not be "just friends,"

A-Hem! That had better not mean what it sounds like it does.

Thanks for the endorsement, and remember, I may not be a doctor, but I play one at Blogs for House.

12:29  
Blogger JT said...

Thanks for the link, but what I could really use is the vicodin.

13:07  
Anonymous fmragtops said...

Thanks for the link. I'm glad someone enjoys all that hard work, or reasonable facsimile thereof.

13:53  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

GTL: You're just lucky I wrote this before I read your Republicans = Nazis post. I recommend Xanax or Valium.

FIAR: I think what it means is in the eye of the beholder, kinda like a Rorschach test. So if that's what popped into your head, it must be for a reason.

jt: You can have my vicodin when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

FMradio: It's the reasonable facsimile thereof part that make it so impressive!

17:17  
Anonymous SeanS said...

Thanks for the linky love CI. It's good to have a fan other than those other four you listed. :)

20:04  
Anonymous SeanS said...

Math is cool. I meant 3.

That's the number before 4 apparently.

20:05  
Anonymous fmragtops said...

"...You shall count to three. Not four as four would be too many. Not two excepting to proceed to the third number. Three shall be the number of counting and the number of counting shall be three..."

Sorry, those responsible for the silly Monty Python reference have been sacked.

21:03  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

Nobody expects the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

21:53  
Anonymous fmragtops said...

I further apologize. The sacking of the employees that made the silly Monty Python reference is, in itself, a silly Monty Python reference. Therefore, the employees that sacked the employees that made the silly Monty Python reference have been sacked.

Say, have you ever been bitten by a moose?

17:17  
Anonymous Diecast Dude said...

Can't believe you didn't include me... sigh...

00:37  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

How could I forget the Dude!!

(Did I mention the Maker's Mark and vicodin in the original post?)

Mistakes were made, Dude. I'll make it up to you...although given my hitcounts this past week, you might be better off not being mentioned...

01:13  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home