Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Three column layout

Sorry for the light blogging this weekend. I was on the road most of Saturday and then went to a bar to watch NASCAR last night. Today I spent what time I had available working on this new three column layout. It looks pretty good on my system, but I need to know if everything formats okay on your systems, so please let me know. Going back to two columns will take five seconds so it's not a big deal if I have to do that.

For those of you who are interested, I got the three column template from Thur Broeders' template website, so big ups to Thur. It's his "Minima_original_ 3col" template, with some of my own mods.

Update: Obviously I'm back to a two column layout. Thanks to Gunner for the heads up that the three column layout wasn't universally formatting correctly. Back to the drawing board...

Update Update: I think I figured out the problem, but again I won't know for sure unless somebody tells me it looks screwy. I changed from fixed (width always stays the same size) to fluid (width size expressed as a percentage of page) sidebars, which should keep everything hunky-dory. We'll see. Man, have I become a geek...

Blogger Gunner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

22:35  
Blogger Gunner said...

For those of you who are
interested, I got the three
column template from

From my view the center column is narrower then the side columns, I cut the above to show you that you are getting about 5 words per line width.

Sections were you have quoted from something are about 2 words wide at the max. Makes a post about 2-3 pages long.

I am horrible at HTML coding but something is off. My wife recommends that you do a google for "blogger templetes" and you will find a whole bunch.

Good luck

22:36  
Blogger Reason said...

I only get one column.

09:10  
Blogger The Cranky Insomniac said...

Reason:

For real? What's your system setup? Also, out of curiousity, what's in the column you're getting?

-Cranky

12:29  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home