Support Denmark, Defend Freedom

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

24 - Charles in Charge!

Are you kidding me?? Mr. Milquetoast is actually behind everything?? Logan's running the show?? It's a bold move by 24's writers, but they're gonna have to work really hard to explain how all the President's actions in earlier episodes make sense now. I'm not saying they can't do it, but it's gonna be waaaay tough.

So now the question is, is there someone behind Logan? I've already seen speculation over in the comments of the 24 thread at PoliPundit that perhaps the Chinese are it on it. I'm in a difficult situation, because I just started watching the show this season, but I gather there was a whole thing with the ChiComs, and with Air Force One being shot down or blowed up real good, I'm not clear which, and that maybe Logan collaborated with the commies in return for the presidency. Sounds completely plausible to me.

This whole show is ridiculously absurd, and I can't get enough. It's replaced Lost as my favorite drama, although to be fair to Lost, part of the reason for this is ABC showing so many damn reruns and spacing the new episodes too far apart. At what point do the networks realize that it's mainly their own fault that their ratings are going down? The smartest thing Fox is doing is airing a new episode of 24 every week. Now if they'd just cancel The War at Home...

UPDATE: I totally forgot to mention the heckuva job done by NASCAR driver Carl Edwards in his cameo as Homeland Security agent Jim Hill. I'll be picking ol' number 99 in my fantasy league for this coming Sunday's race at Texas Motor Speedway, so I hope he performs as well on the track as he did in CTU.

UPDATE2: Not so much.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home